At Bit Studio, we seek joy in simple things and love to enhance the experience. For this Shadow Play project, we looked back on our childhood and found one of the most primitive interactive play; hand shadow puppet. Our team decided to bring those nostalgic hand animals to life by integrating technology with aesthetic and bring joy to our audience.
Virtual Reality let you experience another world which only you exists, just like when you are at the height of your concentration or when you are focused at something so much that the world around you fades. Small World is represented using the concept of two worlds, the inside world, which represent the inside of you mind, and the outside world, which is the product of the movement from the inside world.
Inspired by a kinetic art, α Circular motion was born to study on generation of movements using a circular motion. Wave and harmonic movements was created in this work of art.
Inspired by a children picture book which features three little mice living in a tree log house. Woodland was created to let you interact with the fairy tale, using technologies to represent the world in half physical half digital.
BIT BOX let you experience the feeling of having other kinds of hands. In this work, the user can use their own hands to control the motion of many kind of hands. How the hand moves will depend on the anatomy of that hand. Since each user have difference experiences, they will be able have their own individual story with the hands.
What would it like to be in a piece of art? By using Virtual Reality, Bit Playground let you experience the world inside the two most famous works of art: Guernica by Pablo Picasso and The Persistence of Memory by Salvador Dali.
We would like to represent the traditional Thai cultures using the technology as the media. Out of many Thai traditions, we chose the Mural Painting to be represented in a new way which allows the viewer to be a part of the art piece, and thus giving new perspective to the viewer.
BIT.HACK.WEEK is one of the ways we actively promote innovation through experimentation around the company. This year, our team did some amazing projects and here are the list.
- BIT.CAMERA: a custom-made camera housing that allows a low-cost webcam to be able to use a c-mount lens.
- MAKE.SHIFT.DYNAMO: using a simple motor to create a dynamo that can light up multiple LEDs.
- BIT.SMART.SIGN: our company sign that can change the blacklight color using a mobile phone. It even has a SIM card so that a visitor can call our office!
- ROBOT.FRIEND: a friendly running-around robot that has two LEDs as their eyes and a speaker to talk to other people.
- TURN.A.BIT: an interactive project that using an IKEA turntable serving plate as an input to control the animal image that is projected on to it. The faster you turn, the faster animal will run. The cool part is you can change the animal via LINE app, a messenging app, by chatting with our custom-made chatbot.
- BIT.REMOTE: Using our custom-made chatbot, users can turn on/off the A/C and TV in our office via LINE app.
- WATER.LAMP: Controlling the intensity of light by pouring the water into the lamp.
Edge Blending is one of the many research projects that Bit Studio has been focusing on. We have all been having problems with setting up multiple projectors to show one seamless image/video. We recently have bought an expensive projector with an edge blending function, but it is still very difficult to set up. Now, with our new edge blending module, we can set up multiple projectors at once to display a single image/video on the wall.
BIT.BALLOON is an interactive installation that allows users to control a virtual balloon’s open flame, making it buoyant, just by turning a knob.